Located in the Lake View community, Gill Park sits on slightly more than two acres. Its fieldhouse is air- conditioned and contains a fitness center, an indoor swimming pool, a gymnasium, an assembly hall (with a portable stage), a kitchen and several clubrooms for rental. Outside, the park is equipped with a T-ball field and a playground.
Gill Park is one of the sites for the popular Park Kids after- school program for youth, with special programming available on school holidays. Teens can make new friends in Teen Club, as tots can do in Play Group. On the cultural side, the park offers arts & crafts, drawing and painting.
With Gill Park’s focus on fitness, there’s a variety of aquatics programs, plus Pilates, yoga, walking club and gymnastics. Sports include basketball, dodgeball, flag- and NERF-football, kickball, seasonal sports, soccer, softball and volleyball. During the summer, there’s day camp, sports camp and plus baseball instruction/league.
Editor's Note: This information was provided by the Chicago Parks District.
- Hours: Park: Daily, 6am - 11pm. Fieldhouse: Mon - Fri, 6:30am - 10pm; Sat, Sun, 9am - 5pm
- Founding Date: 1972
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Lockers, Restrooms, Showers
- Area: 2 acres
- Features: See-saw, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms, Tables
- Facilities: Baseball/softball fields, Basketball courts, Gym, Swimming pool, Volleyball courts
- Facility types: Indoor, Outdoor
- Features: Clubhouse, Lockers, Showers