Here's a smart resolution for the coming year: Start it off on a healthy footing at Chicago's New Year's Day 5K Run & Walk the city's first official 5K of 2013.
Now celebrating its 28th year, this iconic event is an annual fave with Windy City fitness enthusiasts.
An estimated 1,500 runners and walkers are expected to lace up on the first day of the New Year at the run & walk that starts at the south end of Lincoln Park. The course route wends north along the lakefront bike path to Diversey Harbor before returning to the North Avenue Field House.
A portion of run/walk proceeds will benefit the Lake View Citizens' Council, a non-profit neighborhood organization. In addition, there will be a post-event party at a cozy neighborhood establishment that includes the awarding of winner trophies and raffle prizes.
This gathering will also include a complimentary drink to those 21 years of age and older (with ID) as well as non-alcoholic drinks for participants of all ages.
- $25 before December 1st - 5K Chip-timed Run, 5K Fun Run, 5K Walk
- $30 on/after December 1st - 5K Chip-timed Run, 5K Fun Run, 5K Walk
- $35 race day - 5K Fun Run, 5K Walk
- $40 race day- 5k Chip -Timed Run
Click Here to save time and register online! Online registration will close at Noon (CST) on Thursday, December 27, 2012.
Universal Sole, 3052 N. Lincoln Ave.
Event Day Registration
Starting at 9:30 a.m. at a location near Stockton & LaSalle Drives, choose from the 5k Chip-Timed Run, 5K Fun Run or the 5K Walk.
- 11 a.m. Start (Registration/packet/chip pick-up starts at 9:30 a.m.)
- Three Events to Choose From (5K Chip-timed Run ; 5K Fun Run; 5K Walk)
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt (100 percent cotton long sleeve NYD 5K commemorative t-shirt guaranteed to the first 1,500 participants)
- Post-Race PartyAll participants are welcome to enjoy a complimentary goodie and raffle at O'Briens Restaurant (1528 N. Wells Street, Chicago)
Editor's Note: This information was provided via the event's website.